Biography of Todd Curtis, PhD
For a more complete biography of Dr. Curtis, as well as get updates about his recent projects and activities, please visit his LinkedIn profile.
- Aviation Safety Analyst, Author, Publisher.
- Best known for
- Author of Understanding Aviation Safety Data (2000) and
Parenting and the Internet (2007)
- Creator of Birdstrike.org, and AirSafe.com
- Professional Experience
- U.S. Air Force 1983-1987
Universal Avionics, 2000-2003
The AirSafe.com Foundation, 2003-Present
- BSE Electrical Engineering, Princeton 1981
MS Electrical Engineering, University of Texas 1983
SM Technology and Policy Program, MIT 1990
MBA Sloan School of Management, MIT 1991
Ph.D. - Aviation Risk Assessment, The Union Institute 1999
- Professional Associations
- International Society of Air Safety Investigators
Bird Strike Committee USA
About Todd Curtis
Conducted research in several areas of aviation risk assessment and accident prevention. Author of the books Understanding Aviation Safety Data and Parenting and the Internet, as well as a number of articles on airline safety. Licensed private pilot.
- Understanding Aviation Safety Data
SAE International. July 2000.
- Parenting and the Internet
Speedbrake Publishing. July 2007.
- Using the Internet to support aviation safety research and education.
In Proceedings of the 1997 International Society of Air Safety Investigators Conference. Anchorage AK, October.
- Airline Accidents and Media Bias 14 March 1996.
Note that you can download several other books by Dr. Curtis, as well as get updates about airline safety and security, by subscribing to the AirSafe.com mailing list.
Articles featuring AirSafe.com or Dr. Todd Curtis
http://airsafe.com/bio.htm -- Revised: 2 February 2013